Friday, January 4, 2013

A Day of Firsts


Today was a day of firsts (bet you couldn’t figure that out from the title ha).  Today included...

...my first time doing yard work in New Zealand.  We carried wood, whacked some weeds, and pulled out an entire wire fence.  Way to go us!! 




...my first experience picking avocados.  It was surprisingly enjoyable, especially when we shook the tree and it rained avocados.   



Let's just say there were maggots in these avocados. Gross.


...my first time at Whale Bay.  It was UNREAL! It was like a beach straight out of a movie and it reminded me that the Lord sure had an eye for beauty when the world was created.  He blessed us with so many beautiful places to visit!  It was a little chilly (yet again), but the beauty made up for it.  
Yep it's real. Crazy right? You thought these places only existed in movies.




 
Elise, Andrea, Kylie and her popcorn, and Brooke

I love love love these girls.  Best group ever!


...my first experience jumping off a bridge into a salt water river-ish thing (I don’t actually know what you’d call it) (And don't worry Mom, it wasn't too high.)

I'm was a winner as far as pointed toes were concerned.

Lots of us tried it, but miss Sarah [the one jumping] went three times! You go girl!


...my first time eating Thai food in New Zealand (there are no pictures for this one...sorry). It was sooooooo tasty! Definitely some of the best Thai food I’ve ever eaten.    

     New Zealand is a beautiful place (I say that a lot I know, but it’s true!) and I quite like it here. People are so friendly and everything just seems so calm and relaxed. It's great! (Not as great as home of course, but it will definitely due for the next 3.5 months)
  My internet access may decrease in the next few days, so if I don’t post for a bit don’t worry.  I’ll be back on top of it as soon as I can.  Love you all and hope everything is going well for all of you wonderful people.    

~Rach

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting